1. When not in use for library activities, and when library staff are on-site, the room may be booked for non-profit or commercial meetings, classes, educational and cultural purposes.
2. The room may not be booked for private parties, gatherings, or other such functions.
3. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
4. Groups are not permitted to charge an admission fee or to sell for profit.
5. The room is available seven days a week (when not being used for library-related services or programs) and may be booked for time periods within 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Bookings should be made in person to library staff and paid in advance of the meeting date. Cash or cheques, made payable to the Friends of the Bridgetown & Area Library, are accepted.
6. For non-profit groups the charge is $15 (includes GST) for each time period. For commercial groups the charge is $25 (includes GST) for each time period. All funds received will be used exclusively for costs related to the library.
7. A screen and a digital projector are available at no charge. Any equipment should be reserved at time of booking. (MAC users should have the correct converter if they don't have a VGA port.)
8. The arrangement of tables and chairs and use of the kitchenette will be the responsibility of the rental group. These must be returned to the original layout before the group leaves.
9. The library is not responsible for any loss or damage to articles brought onto the premises by the group.
10. Permission to use the room, and any additional procedures, are at the discretion of the Branch Manager.
11. When announcing your meeting place please refer to the location as the DeVenney Room at the Bridgetown & Area Library.
12. CANCELLATION POLICY: Credit (to be used within 6 months) will be given when (a) weather prevents the meeting or (b) 48 hours notice is given to the library.
Updated January 2017