1. When not in use for library activities, and during hours when library staff are on-site, the room may be booked for non-profit or commercial meetings, classes, educational and cultural purposes.
2. The room may not be booked for private parties, gatherings, or other such functions.
3. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
4. Groups are not permitted to charge an admission fee or to sell for profit.
5. During times when the library is staffed (see Open Hours), and when not in use for library activities, the room may be booked for the following periods: Tuesday afternoons 2-5 pm, Tuesday evenings 6-8 pm, Wednesdays 10-2, Thursday afternoons 2-5, Thursday evenings 6-8, Saturdays 10-2.
6. Bookings should be made in person and must be paid in advance of the meeting date. For non-profit groups the charge is $10 (includes GST) for each period booked. For commercial groups the charge is $25 (includes GST) for each period booked.
7. A laptop and projector may be available for meetings or events, with at least one week’s advance notice.
8. The arrangement of tables and chairs and use of the kitchenette will be the responsibility of the rental group. These must be returned to the original layout before the group leaves.
9. The library and/or The Municipality of the District of West Hants are not responsible for any loss or damage to articles brought onto the premises by the group.
10. Permission to use the room, and any additional procedures, are at the discretion of the Branch Manager.
11. When announcing your meeting place, please refer to the location as the Isabel & Roy Jodrey Memorial Library Program Room.
12. CANCELLATION POLICY: Credit (to be used within 6 months) will be given when (a) weather prevents the meeting or (b) 48 hours notice is given to the library.