A Hands-on Workshop for Women who are Starting Up ...... or thinking about starting up a New Business!
‘Women who mean BUSINESS!’
‘Frameworks and Internet-based Tools for starting a new business’
Jan 27, Feb 3 and Feb 10, (3 Mondays, 9:30 to 3:00)
The Annapolis Innovation Lab (at the Library, 143 Ritchie St.) is offering a three day workshop specifically for local Women entrepreneurs.
The Annapolis Valley is a hive of creativity and great new business ideas... but it is a very small local market for a successful new business venture.
Come out, work through your business idea and actually try out some of the very inexpensive business tools, applications and platforms which can help you design, produce, market, sell and distribute your product or service widely, as well as tools for setting up and tracking the success of your business.
Jan 27: What is my ‘Product’ or ‘Service, my competition, my ‘value add’, my target market?
Feb 3: How can I Market, Sell and Distribute my product or service?
Feb 10: Am I making Money Yet? Tracking my business venture.
The three full day sessions include:
- daily presentations by small business experts and successful local women who are small (and not so small) business owners,
- Hands - on exercises and coaching on a wide range of useful and inexpensive (or free) internet based business tools and platforms- like ‘Google Business’, ‘Mail Chimp’, Quick Books’ , ‘Sage’, Shopify, Etsy --
- lunch and snacks catered by Lola’s each day
- an introduction to the facility, tools and platforms available at the Annapolis Innovation Lab
- networking with a dynamic group of creative women entrepreneurs.
This workshop will give you ‘hands on’ experience using several popular inexpensive and easy to use internet and smart phone based business management tools and introduction to more traditional tools and frameworks which will help you get your new business idea rolling, and rocking ... while you meet and engage with 14 other women from the area who are taking on the same exciting challenge ... starting a new business.
Cost: $35.00 for Three whole day (9:30 to 3:00) workshops with three catered lunches.
Register here by
January 15 Registration Deadline extended to January 22, 2020
Enrollment will be limited to 15 women, to ensure a truly “hands on” workshop experience for all participants.
Sponsors: Annapolis Innovation Lab, AVRL, @NS Community Technologies, Annapolis Ventures (CBDC), AIRO and the Annapolis Board of Trade