UPDATE – October 1, 2021
Nova Scotia’s Phase 5 begins on Monday, October 4. Our library will follow all NS Health guidelines.
Here’s what that means for our libraries:
- Masks will still be required in all indoor public places, including the library. If you need a mask, just ask! We still have free reusable masks for adults and children.
- Please continue to sanitize your hands as you enter, and please stay home if you feel unwell.
- Proof of Vaccine is NOT required for general access to public libraries (to do things such as borrow materials and use computers).
- Normal hours of operation will apply.
- All AVRL libraries will be providing in-person services as well as Library Take-Out.
- Computer stations will be available and can be reserved.
- All locations can now operate at full capacity with no time limits.
- You can print your Proof of Vaccine for FREE at the library.
- In-person programs are being scheduled starting in November. Proof of vaccine will be needed to enter the programs.
We have been through a lot of change these past 19 months, and we certainly appreciate that these next steps might cause some anxiety. Your health and safety, and that of our staff, are the foundations upon which all our decisions have been made.